Growing up in sunny Southern California, I studied every fashion magazine I could get my hands on and spent nearly every weekend at the beach. A chance meeting with Marcia Maizel-Clarke (Dogeared founder) while working at Macy’s eventually grew into a wonderful friendship. I joined her in running Dogeared in 1998…. Leap ahead to the holiday that changed my life, where I met my husband. Although I still work closely with Dogeared, my life and work are now in the UK, where I support US jewellery designers in extending business worldwide.
I represent designers that embody my own core values. That create beautiful meaningful products that will be cherished and use sustainable materials and processes wherever possible. I am privileged to work with amazing buyers and salespeople around the world that love to sell these products to their customers and come back season after season to buy more!
- 1998-2000: Managed Dogeared production, tradeshows, sales reps and personnel.
- 1999: Took a holiday to the Dominican Republic, where I met my future husband. Visited London and Paris. Arrived back from Europe engaged to a lovely British man
- Married in the Hollywood hills and moved to England
- April 2000: SWS started selling Dogeared to UK stores. Then other countries, and later adding brands such as Catherine Weitzman, MantraBand and David Aubrey, all via referral.
- Stephanie Weaver Sales is ideally located to work with multiple time zones and respond promptly to retailer communication needs.
- Bespoke planning: Creation of strong core assortments using bestsellers, then layering in newness seasonally to maximise sales and profit.
- Order support and compliance advice
- Clients include international department stores, fashion boutiques and online retailers.
- Staff training: in person and/or via written guides to increase product knowledge, retail sales and staff confidence in selling each brand.
- Merchandising recommendations to improve turnover at store level.
- Sales and trend analysis: Review retailer sales reports weekly, monthly and seasonally to identify and target future opportunities to expand sales turnover and distribution in each store.
- Product development: work with brands to create special products targeted to international retailer needs.
- Assist with online content to help drive sales and create raving fans.