Growing up in sunny Southern California, studying every fashion magazine I could get my hands on, and spending nearly every weekend at the beach, I could not have imagined how meeting and working with Marcia Maizel-Clarke (Dogeared founder, owner and Creative Force) in the Macy’s buying office would grow into a wonderful friendship that led to me to joining her to run Dogeared….and then to the holiday that changed everything, I met my husband and soul mate which led to moving my life and work to the UK. I am so grateful.
Representing designers and brands that embody and share my core values such as handcrafted in the USA, creating beautiful and meaningful products to cherish and be worn season after season, and using sustainable materials and processes wherever possible makes me really love and enjoy what I do and feel so lucky. In addition, I am privileged to work with amazing buyers and salespeople around the world that love to sell these products to their customers and come back season after season to buy more!
- 1998-2000: Managed Dogeared production, tradeshows, sales reps and personnel.
- 1999: Took a solo holiday to the Dominican Republic, and met my future husband. Later that year, made my first trip to the UK and Paris. Arrived back from Europe engaged in Paris to my lovely British man, and planned move from California to England. March 2000 married in the Hollywood hills.
- April 2000: SWS starts trading, first selling Dogeared to UK accounts, then other countries, and later adding brands such as Catherine Weitzman, David Aubrey and Viv&Ingrid, all via referral.
- SWS is ideally located to work with multiple time zones and respond promptly to retailer communication needs.
- Bespoke assortments: Create strong core assortment of bestsellers for a solid foundation to build on, then layer in newness seasonally to maximise sales and profit.
- Clients include international department stores, fashion boutiques and online retailers.
- Staff training: in person and/or via written guides to increase product knowledge, retail sales and staff confidence in selling each brand.
- Merchandising recommendations to improve turnover at store level.
- Sales and trend analysis: Review retailer sales reports weekly, monthly and seasonally to identify and target future opportunities to expand sales turnover and distribution in each store.
- Product development: work with brands to create special products targeted to international retailer needs.
- Assist with online content to help drive sales and create raving fans.